- Compiling and Parsing Directives: Assignments
- Restriction Language Manual Chapters 1-4 (pp. 1-35)
To parse with the MLP system, you need:
To initiate the parsing process on a file of sentences, e.g.
- A grammar (eg1A for Lesson 1A, to start with)
- in source form (eg1A.txt)
- in compiled form, consisting of an "object" file
and a symbol table containing all the symbols in the grammar
- A "word dictionary" WD with entries for all the words in the
sentences to be parsed, including punctuation marks as
For Lessons 1A and 1B the same dictionary wd1A will be used.
- in source form (wd1A.src)
- in compiled form (wd1A.wdo).
- A job input file containing user-controlled parser directives
- A command file (parse) that calls on the parser, the
grammar, the dictionary, the job input file, and a file
containing the sentences to be parsed.
- A file of sentences to be parsed (sents1.ocf).
- type for Lesson 1A:
- parse sents1
To see the results of a parsing run, use an editor (e.g. vi) to
view the output in the "log" file, sents1.log.
Summary of files needed for Lesson 1A: